About Jon ToogoodArtist Enquiry
Jon Toogood is the founding member of two bands, Shihad and The Adults, a solo artist, multi instrumentalist, radio presenter, mentor, theatre performer and voiceover artist.
Shihad formed 25 years ago in Wellington New Zealand. The band has since:
- Sold more than 250,000 albums with two albums certified double platinum and five albums certified gold in New Zealand and Australia
- At the 40th Anniversary of the official New Zealand Music Charts Jon was presented with awards for the most singles in the charts by a NZ artist with 25 singles & most number 1 albums by NZ artists with 5 number 1 albums.
- Written more NZ radio hits than any other artist in NZ music history
- Inducted into the RIANZ NZ Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame in 2010 with a Lifetime Achievement Award - the youngest inductees so far.
- Since 1992 the band has toured extensively worldwide with bands such as AC/DC, Metallica, Guns'n'Roses, Faith No More, Silverchair, Midnight Oil, 30 Seconds To Mars.
- Won numerous NZ Music Awards for best album, best band, best male vocalist, best single and best rock artist.
“Jon Toogood is still New Zealand’s best frontman.’’ – Lumiere magazine, 2014
“When you talk about modern legends of New Zealand Music, Shihad will always be one of the first names - likely the very first name - that will be mentioned” – Campbell Smith, Vodafone New Zealand Awards spokesperson, 2010
Jon Toogood News
This year, Jack Daniels is celebrating 150 years of its flagship distillery in Lynchburg, Tennessee. In an Australian exclusive, the Jack Daniel’s Barrel House brings the history of Jack to Crown honouring its origins and legacy. Performing at the celebrations over the 2 weeks were Kingswood, The Delta Riggs, Jon Toogood, Gena Rose Bruce, Epic […]